Do you want a good long tee shot to hit a short approach? Are you hitting close to the 80s or 90s and are looking for the perfect golf club which will help you close in the 70s? Or do you have no idea about where the ball is even heading?
Well, all the golfers have faced this once in their life. In this situation, the fear of hitting the ball correctly takes away the enjoyment of the game. But, a solid ball tee with the perfect driver will give you the confidence to hit your shot and enjoy the game simultaneously.
Modern technology helps you get a clear idea about where the ball might be going when you hit it with the driver. But for that, you need to choose the ideal driver for you.
Best Golf Drivers For Mid Handicappers 2021
In this article, we have tried to list the best golf drivers for the mid handicappers.
1. Cobra Golf 2020 Men’s Speedzone Driver
Cobra has become one of the leading brands for golf products. The redesigned shape of the driver provides better aerodynamic appeal and features a low center of gravity.
There are certain aspects which make this one of the best in the business. It features a speed back technology that is credible for the deep and low center of gravity.
In the center chassis, there are two variable weights. This enables you to add more weight in the center of gravity which adjusts the launch angle and lowers the spin according to the weight.
The 360 titanium aero tip lets you swing with less drag and allows maximum speed. The crown, made of carbon fiber, redistributes the weights on parts it needs to be.
- Aerodynamic design allows streamline airflow.
- Redistribution of weight allows maximum acceleration.
- Deep and low center of gravity.
- Two variable weights to add to the center of gravity.
- Titanium aero tip.
- If the weight is not put forward, the ball spins a bit more.
2. TaylorMade M4 Draw Type Driver
Do you wonder whether a driver with a curved clubface will suit a mid handicapper?
Taylor M4 is a quality driver which features a clubface that is curved at the end to correct off-center shots for the golfer to hit long, straight, and consistent shots!.
Another notable feature is that the Hammerhead slot is situated right behind the clubface. The expansion of the power slot is amazing for mid handicappers and pushes their boundaries.
The lightweight and flexible face allows the golfer to ramp up swing speed for better accuracy and lower spin.
The aerodynamic design makes a strong and dynamic sound off the clubface. Geocoustic technology improves the feel of the driver.
- Allows straighter and longer shots.
- The increased sweet spot to cover maximum distance.
- Flexible and lightweight.
- Aerodynamic design.
- Improved feel.
- Some might feel it is not sturdy enough.
3. Cleveland Golf 2018 Men’s Launcher
If you also feel that it is time to try a new set of irons, you should give Cleveland Golf 2018 Men’s Launcher a shot. It is a versatile, forgiving, and hard-wearing set of irons. The design improves shot feedback, accuracy, and power.
These irons come in multiple hand orientations. Can we design these iron according to our requirements? Yes, Cleveland gives you the freedom to select your flex specifications and shaft materials. To produce constant spin, it has double laser milling and tour-zip grooves.
Cleveland understands that golfers have their budgets. This launcher is affordable and is engineered to improve technique and your overall performance. It doesn’t break the banks. The shaft has a great balance point that gives easier launch.
- It has a versatile design.
- The progressive V sole design gives forgiveness.
- It travels great distances by producing great ball speed.
- It has a lightweight design.
- Comes with laser milling and tour zip grooves.
- Large sets are available.
- Some people did not receive the full set.
4. TaylorMade SIM Golf Driver
In the last decade, TaylorMade has produced several drivers. It has recently moved into the SIM series. SIM stands for Shape in Motion.
TaylorMade aims to provide you with forgiveness and has designed 3 drivers- SIM, SIm Max, and SIM Max D.
The design of the sole has been remodeled and provides more club-head speed. The aerodynamics are enhanced at the most crucial step of the swing.
The weight is positioned by the Inertia Generator at the end, which increases forgiveness. The angle is strategic and reduces drag on the downswing.
To reach the threshold ball speed of the maximum legal limit, each driver’s head has been calibrated individually. To deliver straight shots, it has a revolutionary face curvature. It also reduces side-spin.
- It has a speed-injected twist face.
- You can choose your face height according to your preference.
- It comes with an Inertia Generator to increase forgiveness.
- It comes with Sliding Weight Technology.
- It has a higher spin and Moment of Inertia for higher handicaps.
- Not ideal for proficient players.
- Shaping the shots might be difficult because of the draw bias.
5. Callaway Golf 2020 Rogue Driver
The Callaway Rogue Driver changes the driver’s performance dramatically. Being a golfer, you always want more forgiveness and ball speed, and Callaway provides you with it.
This driver combines boosting ball speed along with MOI enhancing shape to deliver great forgiveness.
You get the ball speed from “The Jailbreak Effect”. Wondering what happens with the Jailbreak Effect?
In this technology, Callaway has titanium bars in the shape of an hourglass. This makes them lighter in weight and doesn’t minimize the ability to solve deflection and crown damage during impact.
The ball speed is promoted by a thinner face and better energy transfer to the ball. The X-face architecture thins as well as thickens strategic areas. This increases the ball speed on off-center impact and helps in covering long distances.
- Great ball speed from “The Jailbreak Effect”.
- It has increased MOI and Forgiveness because of the Triaxial Carbon Crown.
- It comes with the Boeing aero package that improves airflow and helps in faster head speed.
- A variety of shafts of different weights are also available.
- Lightweight club.
- The grip was misaligned for some clubs.
- Some people did not receive the 2020 model and instead received the 2018 model.
With this, we come to the end of our review. You should always select a driver that imparts confidence within you when it sits behind the golf ball.
You should remember that when you are buying a golf club, it allows you to understand and learn about your game and helps in playing better.
Look for a driver that matches your profile and swing dynamics as well as your visual preferences. Before selecting the best driver for you, test drivers of different manufacturers and different models.
Also, try and hit the shots that you will be playing to understand which driver is the best for you.